State of Delaware Kennel License Application Procedures
Find information on all dog licensing requirements online here.
- Complete a Kennel License Application. Applications can be found online or by calling 302-255-4639.
- Enclose a copy of your pets’ current rabies vaccination certificates or state authorized exemption certificates for each dog 6 months of age or older. Paperwork will not be returned.
- Make your check or money order payable to State of Delaware. Return your application along your paperwork and payment to:
Delaware Office of Animal Welfare
H166 Carvel Building, Lower Level
1901 N. Dupont Highway
New Castle, DE 19720
- A valid Kennel License will be issued and effective for one full year from the date on the Kennel Certification showing all requirements have been met; which shall be displayed in a conspicuous manner.
- The premises identified on the application and license shall be subject to unannounced inspections in accordance with 16 Delaware Code, Section 3043F for the purpose of ascertaining whether the facilities satisfy the requirements for humane handling, care and treatment of dogs as specified in 16 Delaware Code, Section 3044F.
- If the kennel does not pass inspection, corrections will be ordered for deficiencies and a follow-up inspection will be conducted in accordance with 16 Delaware Code, Section 3043F. If such premises have not been brought into compliance, the operator shall be fined and an order suspending the kennel license may be ordered.
- An owner of a kennel not meeting minimum standards/requirements after re-inspection will be required to obtain individual dog licenses for a year from date of purchase.
All code references may be found here