State of Delaware Retail Dog Outlet License
- Complete a Retail Dog Outlet License application. Applications can be found online or by calling 302-255-4639.
- Enclose a check or money order made payable to State of Delaware with your application and return to:
Delaware Office of Animal Welfare
H166 Carvel Building- Lower Level
1901 N. Dupont Highway
New Castle, DE 19720
- Once an application has been received, an inspection of the retail dog outlet premises will then be completed in accordance with 16 Delaware Code, Section 3043F. The outlet will be required to pass all requirements set forth in 16 Delaware Code, Section 3044F for humane handling, care and treatment of dogs
- At the time of inspection, the applicant is required to provide a valid rabies vaccination certificate signed by a licensed veterinarian for each dog 6 months of age or older.
- Upon successfully passing inspection, a valid Retail Dog Outlet License will be issued, which shall be displayed in a conspicuous manner at all times
- If the retail dog outlet does not pass the initial inspection, corrections will be ordered for deficiencies and a follow-up inspection will be conducted. If upon re-inspection, the facilities have not been brought into compliance, a Retail Dog Outlet License will not be issued and the operator shall be fined.
- A valid Retail Dog Outlet License will not be issued until the standards are met and a passing inspection is received by the applicant.
- Once a valid Retail Dog Outlet License has been issued, the premises identified on the application and license shall be subject to inspection by duly authorized agents, in accordance with 16 Delaware Code, Sections 3043F.
All code references may be found here