Delaware Office of Animal Welfare

Wildlife Concerns

DAS does not handle complaints involving wildlife. Refer to the information below to assist you.

Nuisance Wild Animal Concerns – such as a squirrel in the attic or skunk under a shed:

  • Tips for deterring nuisance animals
  • Hire professional assistance – find wildlife control companies listed in yellow pages
  • Contact DNREC Div. of Fish & Wildlife during business hours with questions at 302-739-9912.

Injured Wild Animals – Visit Delaware Council of Wildlife Rehabilitators website for information and assistance.

Injured Wild Birds -Contact Tri-State Bird Rescue & Research, 302-737-9543

Wildlife Violations – such as someone shooting or trying to hurt wildlife – call DNREC Division of Fish & Wildlife at 800-292-3030